Head Teacher: Mrs Jennie Ratcliff
From September 2010, Westcott and Abinger Common Schools amalgamated to a become Surrey Hills Primary School based in two locations. Mrs Jennie Ratcliff is the Headteacher.
Surrey Hills Primary School was formed from the amalgamation of two established and thriving village community schools in Westcott and Abinger Common. Our school is able to optimise the nurturing environment unique to a village school for our younger children, and provide the structure, space and support for our older children as they grow and develop further.
Our Reception class children (age 4-5) and Years 1 and 2 are taught at one of our two sites in the original village schools. All children from Year 3 (age 7-8) to Year 6 (age 10-11), are based at the Westcott site.
The school has close links with the three parishes of Westcott, Abinger and Coldharbour and Holmbury and Wotton currently led by the Revd Alan Jonas, and the Revd Tony Berry both of whom along with other members of the clergy term visit the school on a regular basis.
Within a Christian ethos we aim to:
- Provide an environment that supports the development of the whole child, academically, spiritually, physically, emotionally and morally
- Promote self-respect and respect for all people whatever religion, ethnicity, gender, ability or disability
- Provide a broad and balanced curriculum that is taught creatively, encouraging collaboration, independence and an investigative approach
- Have high expectations in standards of behaviour and academic achievement
- Fully involve parents in their children's learning
- Develop strong links within the local and wider communities
- Create confident young people who are willing to take risks and rise to challenges in preparation for playing an active role in a diverse and ever changing world
- Help children to apply skills in literacy and numeracy and to move forward in a modern world with IT and communications skills
- Develop the children's appreciation of the arts and performance skills
Please click the link below for details of our Governing Body and the Governors’ Annual Statement to Parents. For a hardcopy of this information or for any other information about our Governing Body please contact the Clerk to Governors whose email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
"The outstanding curriculum helps all pupils to enjoy school and achieve well"