Head Teacher: Mrs Hazel Weaver
Surrey Hills C of E Primary School
Surrey Hills Church of England Primary School is a school full of purpose, vitality and enthusiasm.
Surrey Hills Church of England Primary School was formed from the amalgamation of two established and thriving village community schools in Westcott and Abinger Common. Our school is able to offer a nurturing environment unique to a village school for our younger children, and provide the structure, space and support for our older pupils as they continue to grow and develop. We offer a small, supportive and secure school community that inspires our children to reach their full potential.
Welcome back for the Spring Term 2013!
If you are not offered a place please find the procedures for appeals under our How to Apply tab.
Please look under Policies to find our latest reports.
Abinger Hammer Teddy Bears Picnic - May 2013
The Surrey Hills Steel Pan Band entertained the crowds!
Book Week - October 2012
During book week, the children dressed up as their favourite characters.
The year 6 children also spent time with the reception children on both sites sharing books and reading to each other.
Abinger Medieval Fair - June 2012
Diamond Jubilee Street Party 2012
The sculpture is called 'Noisy Nails' and it represents movement linked to the Olympic Sports and the Diamond Jubilee
It was made by the children in Year 4 and 5 in May 2012
Our Gardening Club made a scarecrow of Tanni Grey-Thompson, paraplegic Olympian. This has been chosen to be displayed at the Hampton Court Flower Show. Visitors can place their votes as to their favourite scarecrow - we hope they like ours!
Within a Christian ethos we aim to:
- Provide an environment that supports the development of the whole child, academically, spiritually, physically, emotionally and morally
- Promote self-respect and respect for all people whatever religion, ethnicity, gender, ability or disability
- Provide a broad and balanced curriculum that is taught creatively, encouraging collaboration, independence and an investigative approach
- Have high expectations in standards of behaviour and academic achievement
- Fully involve parents in their children's learning
- Develop strong links within the local and wider communities
- Create confident young people who are willing to take risks and rise to challenges in preparation for playing an active role in a diverse and ever changing world
- Help children to apply skills in literacy and numeracy and to move forward in a modern world with IT and communications skills
- Develop the children's appreciation of the arts and performance skills
We welcome you to visit our friendly village school.
Surrey Hills Church of England Primary School creatively develops each child's potential and love of learning by inspiring young minds within a happy, caring, rural community.
"Everybody is made to feel special"...."Each pupil seems to have a chance to shine"