The Government is providing additional funding of £150 million per annum for academic years 2013- 2020 to improve the quality of provision of physical education and sport in primary schools. The funding is ring-fenced and must be spent on provision of PE and sport in schools, making additional and sustainable improvements to the provision of PE and sport for the benefit of all pupils to encourage the development of healthy, active lifestyles.
All Surrey Hills pupils leave primary school physically literate and with the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy, active lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity and sport.
Surrey Hills is committed to ensuring that the Primary PE and Sports Premium funding is allocated to achieve self-sustaining improvement in the quality of PE and sport against the key 5 indicators:
- The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – kick starting healthy active lifestyles
- The profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
- Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff teaching PE and sport
- Boarder range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- Increased participation in competitive sport (DFE, Dec 2015)
In September 2018 Surrey Hills were awarded the Gold School Games Mark, for the second year running. This recognises the increased number of children participating in competitive sport at Surrey Hills and also celebrates the improvement we have made, and are continuing to make, to the sporting provision of our school.
Please look at our clubs and sports page to get more details and see our gallery of fantastic sporting achievements!