Head Teacher: Mrs Jennie Ratcliff
Surrey Hills C of E Primary School
Surrey Hills Church of England Primary School is a school full of purpose, vitality and enthusiasm.
Surrey Hills Church of England Primary School was formed from the amalgamation of two established and thriving village community schools in Westcott and Abinger Common. Our school is able to offer a nurturing environment unique to a village school for our younger children, and provide the structure, space and support for our older pupils as they continue to grow and develop. We offer a small, supportive and secure school community that inspires our children to reach their full potential.
Spring Term 2014
Welcome back after the Christmas break. We look forward to an action-packed half term.
Reminder - INSET DAY on Friday 14th February 2014.
Rose Queen - June 2013
The Rose Queen's coronation was celebrated with Maypole dancing!
Abinger Hammer Teddy Bears Picnic - May 2013
The Surrey Hills Steel Pan Band entertained the crowds!
Within a Christian ethos we aim to:
- Provide an environment that supports the development of the whole child, academically, spiritually, physically, emotionally and morally
- Promote self-respect and respect for all people whatever religion, ethnicity, gender, ability or disability
- Provide a broad and balanced curriculum that is taught creatively, encouraging collaboration, independence and an investigative approach
- Have high expectations in standards of behaviour and academic achievement
- Fully involve parents in their children's learning
- Develop strong links within the local and wider communities
- Create confident young people who are willing to take risks and rise to challenges in preparation for playing an active role in a diverse and ever changing world
- Help children to apply skills in literacy and numeracy and to move forward in a modern world with IT and communications skills
- Develop the children's appreciation of the arts and performance skills
We welcome you to visit our friendly village school.
Surrey Hills Church of England Primary School creatively develops each child's potential and love of learning by inspiring young minds within a happy, caring, rural community.
"Everybody is made to feel special"...."Each pupil seems to have a chance to shine"